- Benefits of membership:
- Opportunities to crew with and learn from experienced sailors.
- Competitive Fun Sailing: On the second weekend of each month we hold our regular LTYC race series.
This is 'around the buoys' racing where courses are laid out and there is a Signal Boat (pontoon boat) which carries the Race Committee who administer the race.
There are specific times set to attend an on-shore competitors meeting prior to the race and to have your boat at the starting area to race. Typically, there are three races run each day.
Socials are held after the racing March through October.
- Social Fun Sailing: On the fourth weekend of each month we have a Sailibration! There is no set time or agenda.
This weekend is for daysailing and cruising just for fun.
Club members are there who may either invite you to go sailing on their boat or give you advice about sailing your boat or a rental. Great opportunity to sail on different types of boats to see what suits you best.
Good time to practice and improve your sailing or racing skills. Best way to learn is to be onboard with one of our experienced skippers. Socials are held after sailing March through October.
- Racing Series and social sailing year around with socials held afterwards March through October
- Seminars and training for beginning and intermediate sailors
- Discounted annual pass to charter the lake's rental boats is only available to LTYC members
- Annual Members Meeting in November and Change of Watch Banquet in January
- Membership Types/Dues: (All memberships are for one year from January 1 through December 31)
- Active (Family membership for current or new members)
$60 - If dues are paid before July 1
$30 - If dues are paid on or after July 1
$15 - on or after October 1
- Active (Family membership for those who have already submitted a 2016 class
registration form and paid for one of our 2016 Learn To Sail class sessions.)
$30 anytime (applies to classes taken prior to July 1 as well)
- Student (Individual membership. non-voting for individuals 25 years or younger
and who are full-time students)